Young Rok Kim
Ajou University, Suwon, Korea February 2015
- Bachelor of Science and Engineering, Major in Computer Science Engineering
- Courses taken:
- Data Structure, Computer Architecture, Algorithm, Theory of computation, AI
- Database, Computer Networks, Internet Protocols, Information Security
- Objective-Oriented Programming, System Programming, Operating System
- Software Engineering, Mobile Service Platform, Capstone Design
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL Spring 2013
- Information Technology Certificate, Professional Learning Programs
- Courses taken:
- Internet Technologies Web Design
- Intermediate Java Programming
- Human-Computer Interaction
June 2016 ~
CLOSER Project / Tech Lead & Full Stack Developer
- Building a WYSIWYG chatbot builder and chatbot-integrated live chat service for customer contact center.
- Designing a combination of serverless and microservice architecture to solve problems from massive and unpredictable loads from customer’s chatbots
- Managing reliable and transparent CI/CD pipeline by using Jenkins and CircleCI
- Keep learning and practicing …
December 2015 – June 2016
Mabopractice Project / Tech Lead & Full Stack Developer
- Designed and built an app including training, media library, activity logger and community features about meditations.
- Mainly built with NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis, Firebase and AWS.
- Used RxJava to solve problems from asynchronous data stream in the android development.
- Used AWS S3 and Cloudfront CDN service to stream multimedia reliably in the backend development.
- Used BackboneJS with Backbone Form to rapidly build a content management system and back-office tool development.
December 2014 – April 2015
Couplete 2.0 Project / Android Developer
- Designed and built an app including album, messenger, event curations, calendar and other useful features for couples.
- Used Crashlytics to manage and reduce application related issue
- Used Google Analytics and Flurry to track user engagement and behavior.
- Used MQTT messaging protocol to implement custom push service for chat server.
- Created sophisticated custom views to implement rich user interface and interaction experience.
April 2010 – January 2012
Republic of Korea Army
Served and discharged as Signalman, Sergeant
- Managed battalion’s intranet and computing equipment as a Computer Technician soldier.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Awarded in Startup Weekend Gacheon / Pony the beauty secretary
- Designed and built a chatbot that search beauty products by photo and suggest product recommendations regularly.
- Used Google Vision API to analyze photos
Awarded in K-Global Starthon 2016 / CLOSER
- Designed and built chatbot framework and created example chatbots
(e.g. Korean grammar checker, lyrics search, parcel tracker, …)
- Implemented the initial version of flow-based chatbot data structure and architecture of CLOSER.
Awarded in Startup Weekend Seoul / 9to6
- Designed and built an e-commerce web application for adult stuffs for women.
- Mainly built with MeteorJS and Google App Engine
Awarded in Startup Weekend Seoul / Chicken Raider
- Designed and built an mobile service for instant chicken gathering.
- Implemented lookup system for nearby chicken pub and review platform using Google Maps and Google Places API.
Awarded in Startup Garage Ajou / Goragora Angora Rabbit
- Designed and built a mobile game on Unity 4.
- Implemented artificial logic for rabbit behavior, real-time system for manufacturing game item.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- C, C++, C#
- Java, Scala, Kotlin
- Objective-C, Swift
- Ruby, Python, Golang
Platform & Framework Experience:
- Linux (CentOS / Ubuntu)
- Android / iOS / Universal Windows App
- HTML5 / Modern Web
- Spring, NodeJS, Django, Ruby on Rails, ASP .NET
- React, Vue, Angular, Webpack, Rollup, …
- Unity, Cocos2D, Dark GDK
Database Management System
- MySQL (MariaDB), SQLite3, PostgreSQL
- MongoDB, DynamoDB
- (Application Database) Realm, MapDB
Process / Container management
- nodemon, pm2
- docker, docker-compose, kubernetes
Cloud Service Experience
- Amazon Web Service
- Google Cloud Platform (+ Firebase)
- Microsoft Azure
- Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI
- Fabric, Bugsnag, Rollbar
- AWS CloudWatch
- Serverless framework
- Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes
- G Suite
- Zoho Suite
- Atlassian Jira, Confluence
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Pixel